A simple Greek dressing or dip which is great to accompany various meat dishes, baked potatoes or smoked fish. Made with our natural yoghurt, this recipe makes enough for an accompaniment for 6 to 8 people. It will keep well in the fridge for a day or two, so double the recipe if you think you’ll need more.
- Half cucumber grated and salted.
- Half litre Dizzy Goat Natural Yoghurt
- Half or whole clove garlic grated.
- Two generous pinches of salt.
- Generous few twists of cracked black pepper.
- A couple of leaves of fresh shredded mint.
Grate the cucumber on the biggest side of grater. Add a generous pinch of salt, mix through and leave to stand for a few minutes. Drain well to remove any excess water from cucumber.
Add all the other ingredients to the yoghurt and stir well. Finally add the grated cucumber and repeat stirring.
Leave in fridge for 20 minutes before serving.